Boiler and Vessels Applicable Mineral Fiber Blanket Facing
Mineral fiber (rock, slag or glass) metal mesh covered insulation blanket is applied to cylindrical and flat surfaces like boilers, ducts, precipitators, tanks, expansion joints, power, process equipment, and other industrial applications wherever thermal shock, cold temperature and vibration are present.
Thermal fiber metal mesh blankets are made from preformed mineral wool insulation, which is made from molten state into fibrous form, and then it is stitched to various metal facing, such as hexagonal wire mesh and stucco expanded metal mesh.
Our company can provide stucco expanded metal lath that is suitable for fastening mineral blanket on insulation equipment surface and reduce unnecessary movement, also we provide metal mesh accessories: metal tie wire, stitching, metal binding and pins.
Painted carbon steel expanded metal lath.
Stainless steel metal mesh for insulation mineral fiber blanket.
Insulation expanded metal faced mineral fiber blanket.
Expanded metal facing and mineral fiber blanket could be used for process pipe thermal insulation.
- Easy to handle and use.
- Excellent performance.
- Non-combustible, non-deteriorating, inorganic.
Specification of stucco expanded metal lath:
- Material: various carbon steel expanded metals and stainless steel expanded metal.
- Thickness: 18 gauge (1.2 mm), others also available.
- Mesh opening: 1.5 in. (38 mm).
- Coating: not galvanized, painted finish.
- Pattern: standard pattern, not flattened.
- Weight: 1.8 lb/yd2 (1010 g/m2), 2.5 lb/yd2 (1400 g/m2).
- Custom configurations are available upon request.
- It is used for equipment and architectural buildings surfaces where cold, thermal insulation and vibration are involved.
- It is used for power plants, heaters, boilers, reactors, refineries gas crackers, expansion joints.
- It can be used for vessels, ducting system insulation.
- It is used in architectural buildings insulation.
- Metal mesh facings shall be fastened to the insulation face on one or both sides with tie wires that are No. 28 gauge (0.32 mm), 300 series alloy, non-ferrous stainless steel tie wires or stitching.
- For normal conditions, stitching should be placed no greater than 12 in. (305 mm) apart passing vertically through the mineral fiber blanket. For military used equipment, stitching wire diameter should be no greater than 7 in. (178 mm) apart passing vertically through the blanket.
- For cylindrical and flat surfaces, metal angles, insulation pins, studs, and metal banding can be used to secure the insulation blanket and insulation metal facings.
Coils of metal binding used for process pipe thermal insulation.
Insulation fixings are used for fastening expanded metal facing onto the mineral fiber blanket.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.